What makes a bride unforgettable?
I remember being a guest at a wedding where the bride had an attitude, so it seemed, towards some of the guests. She had spent the whole week,(and her entire life), running up and down planning her own wedding because she didn’t trust anyone else. The wedding was fun though, but I can never forget her attitude, which was the result of being tired from all the work she was doing. At the end, most people enjoyed the wedding… but .. well I can’t say for sure… But I can never forget this bride and I don’t even remember her name..
There are so many things that can make a bride unforgettable.
But… people always remember 2 major things.. The Good …And… The Bad J
In with The Good… Out with The Bad
1. It’s your wedding day and you should be overjoyed!! Yes, it is ok to be elated and look elated! Have fun! if you have planned well and ahead, you should have no reason to display any wrinkles on your wedding day! Even if you’re 60, yes I said it! Be Fabulous! Your guests will remember the bride that smiled all the way through. Never a dull-wrinkly moment
2. Stop worrying about every little thing… nobody cares if the waiter spilled a drink! Mistakes happen! This is the day for the queen in you. Let others pamper you and take care of the little things. It is ok to ask about the program and progress but don’t be the one to follow through everything. Let others worry.. you need to stay glowing and not glossy from running around! Your guests will remember a bride that was pleasant and ever glowing.. and not an awkward “I gotta go, can’t take pics now” bride
3. Eat something light before the wedding. Ok, I know I love food but this has nothing to do with my big appetite ;) Have you ever seen a famished bride? Imagine hearing a bride requesting for an expedite service or forgetting to say her vows because she cannot concentrate. Or worse yet… imagine hearing the sound of her intestines proclaim their love as well.. for food of cos, nothing to do with the groom.
Eat something light. Your guest will remember an attentive and devoted bride and not an exhausted- sick- looking bride
4. Trust the wedding crew. Your Bridesmaids got you, if they love you they will make this day as special as you dreamt it to be. So as long as you pick your sincere friends you will be fine. Don’t pick people who do not care about your wedding day. Let your guests remember the great bonds that existed between you and your bridesmaids and not the tension caused by some “haters”
5. Wedding shoes. You are wearing a beautiful long dress that will be the center of attention. Please pick comfortable shoes. Remember- comfort should never be associated with weird looking accessories. Wear shoes that will give you a good height (not taller than the groom) and support your beautiful posture. Imagine a bride that can’t dance because of a shoe situation or worse yet.. a bride dancing on bare feet! Your guests should remember your beautiful moves from your first dance to your last and not a muscle cramp situation because the shoes were ridiculously uncomfortable.. but cute?!
6. Hair done, Nails done, Make up –Yes! Please get a reliable crew for your hair, nails and make up needs. Do not get someone that is never on time, chances are they will be late on your wedding as well. This will only cause you more stress and give you those wrinkles that you so hard try to hide on this day! Let your guests remember how spectacular your hair and make-up was and not how many blemishes were unconcealed because your make-up artists were rushing you
7. Your dress. You have a dream dress, yes? Get it! And if you cannot afford the price tag then have it custom made by a good tailor. Your dress speaks volumes, it tells people how much time you have put finding the perfect dress. Your dress is the centerpiece of the wedding, it has to fit you and not hug you. Get your size, not everyone can fit a size 2! I have seen a bride with a dress so tight that her back was divided into 6 packs.. not the flattering kind! Know your body, not everyone is cut for strapless, sleeveless, backless or tight waists. Your guests should remember you as the bride in a beautiful gown made for her and not just as another bride in a wedding dress
8. I love the number 8. The wedding is not complete without a groom. Make sure you love your husband-to-be, and he loves you too. Both of you must be sure of this marriage thing. You do not want your guests to remember the bride that was left at the altar, or the bride that wasn’t passionately kissed by her groom… and worse yet… you do not want them to remember an unhappy bride. Make sure he is the one that gets you overjoyed on your beautiful wedding day!
Your guests will remember the beautiful couple that was so in love and connected in every way and not the couple that was just “there”
I can’t say for sure that these 8 things will, without a doubt, make a bride remarkable! But I am certain they will definitely sustain a beautiful smile… and beautiful smiles are almost unforgettable and since everyone is taking pictures.. its only right to smile sincerely and beautifully!